In February, Eric Schmitt wrote in the New York Times about the Obama administration’s emerging Yemen strategy, whereby U.S. and Yemeni intelligence and military officials would “work together to kill or capture about two dozen of al Qaeda’s most dangerous operatives, who are focused on attacking America and its interests.” Readmore:
- Subscribe via RSS
- 2 dead after South Korea ferry sinks April 16, 2014
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line April 16, 2014
Putin warns Ukraine on brink of civil war as Kiev sends army in April 16, 2014
Izyum (Ukraine) (AFP) - Russian leader Vladimir Putin warned that Ukraine is on the verge of civil war, the Kremlin said Wednesday, after the Kiev government sent in troops against pro-Moscow separatists in the east of the country. "The Russian president remarked that the sharp escalation of the conflict has placed the country, in effect, on the verge of civil war," the Kremlin said in a statement on telephone talks between Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks April 16, 2014
Ukraine bares teeth against eastern uprising April 15, 2014
KRAMATORSK, Ukraine (AP) — In the first Ukrainian military action against a pro-Russian uprising in the east, government forces repelled an attack Tuesday by about 30 gunmen at an airport, beginning what the president called an "anti-terrorist operation" to try to restore authority over the restive region.
- Putin warns of Ukraine civil war as Kiev moves on rebels April 16, 2014 5:45 amRussian President Vladimir Putin has warned that Ukraine is "on the verge of civil war" after Kiev sent in troops against pro-Russia separatists. Mr Putin, in a phone call to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, described the move as a "sharp escalation". Ukraine announced the start of an "anti-terrorist operation" in the east of th […]
- Cannabis user 'grew drugs for pain relief' April 16, 2014 4:45 amA man jailed for growing cannabis said he used the drug to help him deal with chronic back pain, a court has heard. Colin Bell, from Sealstown Road in Newtownabbey, admitted cultivating cannabis and possessing it with intent to supply. The 54-year-old will serve three months of a 15-month sentence behind bars. Crown prosecutor David McAughey told the court p […]
- Passenger boat sinks of South Korean coast April 16, 2014 4:11 amAt least one person has been reported dead, and six people were injured when a South Korean ferry carrying hundreds of passenegrs sank off the country's south-west coast. The country's coast guard... […]
- Putin warns of Ukraine civil war as Kiev moves on rebels April 16, 2014 5:45 am